Sunday, November 22, 2009

No Interruptions Please!

We have been working together as a class to not interrupt each other while someone else is talking, including the teacher! Many of our first graders will interrupt me when I am talking to another child or talk to someone else while I am talking to the group. It is disruptive and is getting in the way of our teaching and learning. It would be most helpful to me if you could practice this with your child at home, perhaps at the dinner table or other times when you are in conversation with other people and your child is present. This is an important life skill that your children are capable of learning and it takes practice and consistency. I am sure that if we work together on this, we will solve this problem quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment